UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lanek83
Visitor

XSDK / PetaLinux 2014.2 - How to create a new Linux application that includes Xilinx driver header and libraries?

I am new to using Vivado, XSDK and PetaLinux. Unfortunately, I like other people have got up to speed with 2013.3/2014.1 and now the build process has changed with 2014.2!  As has been mentioned in the forums, the PetaLinux BSP is no longer created in XSDK 2014.2 as it seems to be handled automatically under the hood.

What is the best way to create a project in XSDK that provides access to the Xilinx driver libraries and include files and that runs on Linux (not standalone)?

I have been unable to find any examples on how this is achieved but perhaps I am thinking about it the wrong way.

I've tried creating a new application via File/New > Application Project and setting the OS Platform to 'linux' but the project does not setup all the include paths to the xil_io.h and libxil.a header and library files that I need. In earlier versions, the PetaLinux BSP was created in the XSDK and the application I created would reference this BSP, which included these header and library files.

Ultimately, I am wanting to create a test application that write/read data to and from the DDR memory. I  plan to use the Xil_Out32(...) and Xil_In32(...) functions which is defined in xil_io.h and libxil.a. Like I said, I am new to PetaLinux so if I am off track, let me know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos