UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor portolan
Visitor

Yocto not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I tried building linux-xilinx for zedboard using Yocto, in a configuration already verified for BeagleBone.

I addedd the "meta-xilinx" to the Yocto "poky" directory, and added it to the BB layers. Anyway when I run bitbake I get the following error:

$ bitbake  meta-toolchain

WARNING: Host distribution "Debian-7.5" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |############################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00
Loaded 1227 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################################################################################| Time: 00:00:00
Parsing of 868 .bb files complete (867 cached, 1 parsed). 1227 targets, 62 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
ERROR: No recipes available for:
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross_7.7.bbappend
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb_7.7.bbappend
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross-canadian_7.7.bbappend
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu_2.0.0.bbappend
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

What is it?

Thanks,

Michele

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Yocto not working

Jump to solution

Hi Michelle,

This error can be easily resolved.

The meta-linux layer depends on the poky layer. The poky layer contains the main gdb-cross_x.x.bb recipe. A corresponding gdb-cross_x.x*.bbappend in the meta-xilinx layer will append to the recipes in the poky layer.

In this case, your poky and meta-xilinx branches may not be matched, and the gdb-cross_7.7.bb recipe might have been updated to a newer version, hence the .bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer fails for that particular recipe version.

A quick way to resolve this error is to either:

01. Check out the correct branch for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers.

The daisy branch is the latest (1.6), the dora branch is the previous release (1.5).

git checkout -b daisy --track remotes/origin/daisy

or 

git checkout -b dora --track remotes/origin/dora

for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers, and then try to do a 

$ bitbake core-image-minimal

This will build the toolchain, kernel and root filesystem.

02. Delete the offending *.bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer.

Review what the .bbappends are doing, though, since it might be adding support for microblaze to gdb, etc.

You should subscribe to the meta-xilinx mailing list, since most of the people from Xilinx who maintain the meta-xilinx layer actively participate on the mailing list.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-xilinx

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Michelle,

This error can be easily resolved.

The meta-linux layer depends on the poky layer. The poky layer contains the main gdb-cross_x.x.bb recipe. A corresponding gdb-cross_x.x*.bbappend in the meta-xilinx layer will append to the recipes in the poky layer.

In this case, your poky and meta-xilinx branches may not be matched, and the gdb-cross_7.7.bb recipe might have been updated to a newer version, hence the .bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer fails for that particular recipe version.

A quick way to resolve this error is to either:

01. Check out the correct branch for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers.

The daisy branch is the latest (1.6), the dora branch is the previous release (1.5).

git checkout -b daisy --track remotes/origin/daisy

or 

git checkout -b dora --track remotes/origin/dora

for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers, and then try to do a 

$ bitbake core-image-minimal

This will build the toolchain, kernel and root filesystem.

02. Delete the offending *.bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer.

Review what the .bbappends are doing, though, since it might be adding support for microblaze to gdb, etc.

You should subscribe to the meta-xilinx mailing list, since most of the people from Xilinx who maintain the meta-xilinx layer actively participate on the mailing list.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-xilinx

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

0 Kudos
Visitor portolan
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Elvis,

I switched the meta-xilinx layer to daisy branch (like poky) and the compilation is launched correctly.

Best regards,

Michele

0 Kudos