cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

ZCU 102 Petalinux 2020.1 boot error built images

Hello,

i am able to build all binaries by following the documentation provided by UG1144. I am also able to boot the board with pre-built images provided.but when i tried boot the board with my binaries i am getting errors.i am using ZCU102 rev 1.1 board but in configuration MACHINE_NAME i gave it as ZCU102 rev 1.0 as 1.1 is not given in the documentation and all other configuration settings are put to default.i am attaching my log file and error screen shot here.please help me out with this issue.

Regards

Dhoki Vijay kumar

Screenshot from 2020-10-30 08-18-21.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi @vijaydhoki ,

Even though board version says 1.1 the device-tree is zcu102-rev1.0 as it doesn't change anything w.r.t device-tree.

Refer https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx/blob/rel-v2020.1/meta-xilinx-bsp/conf/machine/zcu102-zynqmp.conf#L21

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

ok thats fine.can i get any solution for the another problem that i am encountering.i am getting strucked at the below lines

Configuring packages on first boot....
(This may take several minutes. Please do not power off the machine.)
Running postinst /etc/rpm-postinsts/100-sysvinit-inittab...
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/run-postinsts exists during rc.d purge (continuing)
Removing any system star INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
Configuring network interfaces...

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @vijaydhoki 

Linux kernel detects wrong block on mmcblk0p1.

So, I suggest you to make sure status of this partition by ex. fsck on other linux machine.

Would you try it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

can you please explain more elaborately,i didn't get you.i am getting struck there only.searched in forums and they informed me to change "/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi" details.

/include/ "system-conf.dtsi"
/ {
        chosen {
                      bootargs = "console=ttyUSB0,115200 earlycon clk_ignore_unused";
                      stdout-path = "serial0:115200n8";
                     };
};

can you please tell me the format for ram disk image ,is it "INITRD" or "INITRAMFS",which one should i use for zcu102 petalinux 2020.1 version

and also i am seeing the same boot log in petalinux documentation also,could you please tell me how much time it takes to configuring the network interfaces,because i am strucked there only after this statement i am not moving forward.

0 Kudos