UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor almartin
Visitor

ZCU102 GPIO access through sysfs

Hi,

I'm currently using the UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU102 Evaluation Kit with re-built images from ZCU102-ZU9-ES2 Rev 1.0 BSP using Petalinux.

I would like to toggle GPIO (MIO) through sysfs in order to evaluate temporal performance of one of my application.

I run through the Linux GPIO driver tutorial. Kernel configuration option driver and .dtb are similar to the one provided in the tutorial.
Indeed, I get access to the "gpiochips338":
- label = zynqmp_gpio
- ngpio = 174 (26*3 = 78 mio + 32*3 = 96 emio)

In order to find if any of the MIO fit my purpose, i run through the [UG1182] "ZCU102 Evaluation Board User Guide" table 3-5 (p. 32). Sadly, none of them seem to be of exploitable outputs in current settings.

Question :
1) How is define the MIO interface settings in the boot process ?
2) How can I change these settings in order to enable GPIO through MIO or EMIO ?

PS : I'm a newbie in embedded development and eager to learn so do not hesitate to give details !

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ZCU102 GPIO access through sysfs

I added a doc that I created a loooong time ago. However, your use case is here

0 Kudos