UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer linwei8
Observer

ZCU102 SD boot and tftp boot

Hey, I am newbie of zcu102 board and I have some questions for the different boot mode. Here is the materials I generated:

Selection_006.png

1) For Jtag boot, I have successfully run the linux kernel on the board, but i cannot dow hello_world application after running linux(in baremetal, we can just dow and con to run the hello_world), so how can I run the application after running linux on the board? (For SD boot, we can combine the application elf file with BOOT.bin)

2)For SD boot, i only combine fsbl.elf, u-boot.elf and bl31.elf to BOOT.bin. Then, I copy BOOT.bin, image.bin, uramdisk.image.gz, system.dtb and Hello_World.elf to SD card.In the zed board, we need to check the default environment in zynq-common.h in .../u-boot-xlnx/include/configs/ , ie: the file name of kernel image(image.bin), device tree(system.dtb) and root file system(uramdisk.image.gz) need to match the names in zynq-common.h, so u-boot can recognize those image correctly in SD card. For the zcu102 board, I need to check xilinx_zynqmp.h, but i didn't find the default environment section in this file. Where can I find the default environment section or What I need to change in xilinx_zynqmp.h to add the section? (If I DON'T want to combine everything to BOOT.bin)

3) Similar to 2), when I want to use tftp boot, I need to set up tftp sever in my host PC. For zed board, we need to find the default server ip in zynq-common.h, but for zcu102, I can't find the default server ip. Where can I find it?

4) Some of the tutorial mention a file with extension .ub eg: image.ub, they say it is kernel image and can be used in SD boot. I am wondering what is included in the image.ub (linux kernel+dtb+rfs?) and how to generate it.

Sorry for the long post. After long time research and testing, I summarized the questions. Thanks in advance!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer linwei8
Observer

Re: ZCU102 SD boot and tftp boot

Any help????

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Checkout this blog: http://svenand.blogdrive.com/  It is still one of the best tutorials online and worth a careful read.

It will help you get up and running.

0 Kudos
Observer redgatorsmp
Observer

The only way to affect the environment variables in the zcu102 boot image is to modify xilinx_zynqmp.h and re-built u-boot. Unfortunately, it looks to be referenced in about seven places in the build, so there is not a straightforward way to make this less onerous and time-consuming.

For me (and I admit I may just not have found the formula), the Petalinux tools rebuild EVERYTHING if you modify xilinx_zynqmp.h. The u-boot build is at the top of the dependency tree, and changing it makes bitbake start from the top.

The OSL Flow approach is a bit easier - you change xilinx_zynqmp.h, re-built u-boot (15 minutes on my feeble box), then re-assemble BOOT.BIN.

I have considered putting a reference to the SDcard boot image to load environment from a file, but it takes SOOOOO long to debug these environment scripts it's been hard to get through it.

0 Kudos