cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am not able to find out ZCU111 board IP Address and am also not able to find whether my host PC should be connected to the board or not. How will the ZCU111 board will be connected to host, if so ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @pournimapr 

Why do yo need IP address when Booting from Petalinux linux images  (Boot.bin and image.ub)

Store these images in SD card and set mode pins on board to boot from SD card , that it all required.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted

Boards dont have a IP address (they would have a MAC address). If you want to try a baremetal lwip, then export to SDK/Vitis and use the lwip template. This will set the IP address for you (190.168.1.10, 255.255.255.0   I believe). Then your Host PC must be on the same subnet mask. So, 190.168.1.1 for example. The MAC address is set here too

If you want to test in u-boot; setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.10, or linux ipconfig eth0 192.168.1.10 for example...

If you want to change the MAC address (it will be set by default) then you can do this in the bootargs, or the devicetree

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

But my host PC is not able to recognize the ZCU111 board. Is it not required so ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you expand on what you mean by your PC doesnt recognize your board? What exactly are you doing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Actually I am new to this ZCU111 board anyway my final step is to run Eurecom Open Air Interface 5g nr code on this board for wireless communication as this board has 8 DAC and 8 ADC channels available. But I am unaware of where to and how to start this project.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Can anyone help me out to know the IP address of ZCU111 board when booting PetaLinux. I think it will be done using serial port. Correct me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @pournimapr 

Why do yo need IP address when Booting from Petalinux linux images  (Boot.bin and image.ub)

Store these images in SD card and set mode pins on board to boot from SD card , that it all required.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

We need the IP address because we are planning to send data through the ethernet port on board using Eurecom Open Air Interface 5G code. We are thinking of using this ZCU111 board as USRP for the code to be run So can anyone help me out in finding the IP address of the board. Or is there any other way of implementing our plan ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Is MATLAB enough to run on ZCU111 kit or Vivado necessary for the same ? I will be running the code on MATLAB first but not sure about Vivado, could anyone please help me out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @pournimapr 

Only MATLAB is not sufficient, Either you need RF evaluation tool to check on  ADC/DAC performance and some other functionalities or you need VIVADO to create your own 

block design.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I found out there is a toolflow called CASPER which helps in evaluating ZCU111 evaluation kit, is it true ? Have anyone worked on it ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How do we get the block diagram of ZCU111 in Vivado window, I mean we need to connect each of the blocks separately or will it be automatically done when we select the required IP codes ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

What is the difference between writing a code and designing block diagram using blocks for ZCU111 board, say if we need to perform LDPC on the board ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

What is the difference between Vivado design suite and Petalinux ? Do we need to create block design in Vivado in order to use SD-FEC block in ZCU111 or using gitlab code in Petalinux is enough ? Kindly help me as I am struck in the part of block design in Vivado.

0 Kudos