Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

ZYNQ TRD

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have downloaded Zynq Base TRD 14.5 and in the folder ../sd_image , there are 2 .sh files. Into which they do something like this :

TRD_LIB=/usr/local/lib/zynq_qt_install

# Create local Qt libs directory
if [ ! -d ${TRD_LIB} ]
then
mkdir -p ${TRD_LIB}
fi

what is the purpose of TRD_LIB ? What does local Qt libs directory mean? .

FYI, I have developed a Qt application(similiar to sobel_qt) and now I want to run on board. Any important changes to run custom application using same sd_image? I have renamed my app as sobel_qt.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The code snippet you posted simply creates a new directory under /usr/local/lib. The next few lines in the script mount the cross-compiled Qt/Qwt libraries (packaged as qt_lib.img) to the TRD_LIB directory i.e. the newly created directory. You can simply do a ls into that directory after the mount command and you will see that it has been populated with the Qt/Qwt libraries. You need these libs at run-time to execute your Qt apllication and your application needs to know where to find them. Hence, in the run.sh script, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and QT_QWS_FONTDIR env variables are set accordingly. You don't have to rename your application, you just need to tell it where the libraries are located (and make sure they're there ;)).

PS: it sounds like you were able to compile your Qt application after all. Do you want to share your solution in the other thread you had started so others don't run into the same issue?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The code snippet you posted simply creates a new directory under /usr/local/lib. The next few lines in the script mount the cross-compiled Qt/Qwt libraries (packaged as qt_lib.img) to the TRD_LIB directory i.e. the newly created directory. You can simply do a ls into that directory after the mount command and you will see that it has been populated with the Qt/Qwt libraries. You need these libs at run-time to execute your Qt apllication and your application needs to know where to find them. Hence, in the run.sh script, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and QT_QWS_FONTDIR env variables are set accordingly. You don't have to rename your application, you just need to tell it where the libraries are located (and make sure they're there ;)).

PS: it sounds like you were able to compile your Qt application after all. Do you want to share your solution in the other thread you had started so others don't run into the same issue?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos