cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Zedboard HDMI with Petalinux 2017.3 build

Using Vivado 2017.3 and Petalinux 2017.3 on a Zedboard, I have a project that is based on the "ZedBoard HDMI VIPP, Vivado 2014.1" which has been updated for 2017.3. Was able to generate the hdf and exported .bit file to SDK. In SDK bare-metal was able to exercise the HDMI.

I have since created a Petalinux project with the reference HDF and can see the device tree which contains the VDMA and the Axi-I2c that control the ADV7511. Has anyone made the HDMI based .HDF design on a zedboard run with the appropriate HDMI drivers in Petalinux?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I am going down the path of using the Zynq CPU memory map of the peripherals and assigning it t "vdma_addr"

Then, getting virtual memory addresses. Similar to this:

vdma= mmap(NULL, getpagesize(), PORT_READ|PORT_WRITE, MAP_SHARD, vdmaFd, vdma_addr)

Now I can use the *(vdma + offset)  to read and write to the vdma registers. Doing similar approach to the axi_iic and axi_vtc modules. Now that I can read and write to the axi peripherals in the Zynq, I am trying to port the baremetal C code from the Axi_Vdma sdk project ("ZedBoard HDMI VIPP, Vivado 2014.1") and convert to a Petalinux platform.

If someone has done this in a more elegant way in linux (Not bare-metal) using the Petalinux approach, please let me know. Otherwise I am going down the path of modifying the bermetal code to make it work in Petalinux. It is quite an effort to get all the dependencies addressed and change the device pointers to virtual memory addresses for Petalinux memory space.

0 Kudos