UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor beenish.khan
Visitor

Zynq - Unknown command 'gzwrite' - try 'help'

Jump to solution

I am using a microzed board, and trying to boot it using an SD card. The boot.bin file is generated using Petalinux 2018.3 SDK. The u-boot runs and then gives error : Unknown command 'gzwrite' - try 'help'.

This error comes while executing the command in platform-top.h

install_ext4=gzwrite mmc 0 ${rootfsloadaddr} ${filesize} 0x100000 ${rootfsmmcstart}\0

I ran help command on the u-boot console and gzwrite doesn't show up in the list of commands. But the thing is that boot.bin was generated by petalinux and that includes the code above to load rootfs.

Do I need to tune up Petalinux project, is my board missing anything ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zynq - Unknown command 'gzwrite' - try 'help'

Jump to solution

Hi 

This macro should be defined in platfrom-top.h and then it picksup the gzwrite command.

I have validated at my end before providing the solution and it works for me

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi

Try adding #define CONFIG_CMD_UNZIP

to project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/platform-top.h, and rebuild petalinux project. You should be able to see gzwrite with this

0 Kudos
Visitor beenish.khan
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok, let me try that. Though in my Petalinux project files, I can see `CONFIG_CMD_UNZIP=y` defined in a seperate .cfg file under the folder ../u-boot/files. That's the same folder as platform-top.h. Wouldn't that be used ? BTW, I am using petalinux 2018.3

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi 

This macro should be defined in platfrom-top.h and then it picksup the gzwrite command.

I have validated at my end before providing the solution and it works for me

0 Kudos