UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor abondarev84
Visitor

adding iw to petalinux 2017.4

Jump to solution

hi

final objective: add iw to petalinux.

I've added an app that copies to prebuilt TI fw file (used with my TI wifi chip) to the target files systems and the driver is already present in petalinux and I was able to activate it using petalinux-config -c kernel.

I'm able to bring up the wireless interface using "ifconfig wlan0 up" (which subsequently loads the above-mentioned fw file).

I've taken a recipe from openembedded iw section and during build I'm getting the errors attached in the log file.

I don't know where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

the "main" errors are:
/xxx/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/6.2.1/ld: error: iw uses VFP register arguments, /xxx/build/tmp/sysroots/plnx_arm/lib/libnl-genl-3.a(ctrl.o) does not.

and 

/xxx/build/tmp/sysroots/plnx_arm/lib/libnl-3.a(cache_mngt.o): In function `nl_write_unlock':

/yyy/build-utilites/src/libnl/lib/../include/netlink-private/netlink.h:261: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_unlock'

*****build-utilities doesn't even exist on my vm in which I'm building the image. I just have TI's FW file.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor abondarev84
Visitor

Re: adding iw to petalinux 2017.4

Jump to solution

update to whoever might be interested in the results.

after writing up the original post, I kept digging and came to the conclusion that the TI build-utilities (from the previous build) were "left" in the petalinux libraries section which were causing the above-mentioned problems.

to overcome this issue, I had to do a petalinux-build -c <module> -x cleansstate on all present elements of the system (ie, rootfs, my two apps, including iw and for safety measures kernel).

after the clean on all elements/modules I managed to rebuild the image.

I'm guessing this thread cam be closed now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor abondarev84
Visitor

Re: adding iw to petalinux 2017.4

Jump to solution

update to whoever might be interested in the results.

after writing up the original post, I kept digging and came to the conclusion that the TI build-utilities (from the previous build) were "left" in the petalinux libraries section which were causing the above-mentioned problems.

to overcome this issue, I had to do a petalinux-build -c <module> -x cleansstate on all present elements of the system (ie, rootfs, my two apps, including iw and for safety measures kernel).

after the clean on all elements/modules I managed to rebuild the image.

I'm guessing this thread cam be closed now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos