UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++

hi,

I am trying to run the c++ code on xilinx-linux using zed board.i installed ARM  cross compilers in linux( centOS )

compiler is arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++.

while i am poting on zed board it displays error like 

while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++

Your application cannot find a required shared library.

Either statically link your application by adding '-static' to the link commandline or you have to copy the shared libraries to your target file system to /lib/.

0 Kudos

hi,

I copied libstdc++.so.6  file to /lib folder .same error came.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It works for me.

Make sure you copy the actual library to the target. libstdc++.so.6 is just a symlink to the shared library object.

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            21 Jan  1 00:05 libstdc++.so -> ./libstdc++.so.6.0.16
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            21 Jan  1 00:05 libstdc++.so.6 -> ./libstdc++.so.6.0.16
-rwx------    1 root     root       1293109 Jan  1 00:04 libstdc++.so.6.0.16

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

And statically linking and not copying libraries around works for me, too.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed libstdc++.so.6 by giving command like <yum whatprovides libstdc++.so.6>.so  in /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 and libstdc++.so.6.0.13 are there.

I tried to run simple Cpp program on xilinx-linix of zed board using ARM cross compilers(arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++ simple.cpp -o A.out)

I generated A.out file on linux using cross compilers.now i am trying to run on Zed board.

while i am porting it displays error like

libstdc++.so.6 missing 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Well, on an ARM platform, you need the shared lib compiled for ARM. Your host's libraries won't do any good on a Zynq platform (unless your host is ARM-based of course). The libraries are included with the x-compiler. Search its installation directory.

0 Kudos
Participant ejubenville
Participant

I had the same problem (missing libstdc++).  I had built my application using the ARM cross compiler toolchain in the CodeSourcery tools under CentOS.  The solution for me was to copy the libstdc++.so.6 file from the toolchain folder onto the ZedBoard into folder /usr/lib on the ZedBoard. 

I found the missing library file in this path of the CodeSourcery toolchain:

CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_Xilinx_GNU_Linux/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

I also created a soft link to that file as libstdc++.so.0 in the /usr/lib folder.

My Zedboard currently boots a prebuilt ramdisk image so it wipes the slate clean each power up.  In other words, until I build my own ramdisk image, I need to copy the missing library file into /usr/lib as part of startup.

0 Kudos