Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hulkakos
Observer
Observer

cable is locked in JTAG-based Hyperterminal

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have implemented an architecture with microblaze 7.10.d in EDK 10.1 and I have downloaded a linux image. As an output I am using the mdm uart. When I am trying to boot linux  ( with command "run" in xmd console) in the JTAG-based Hyperterminal I have this repeated  message: Info:Cable is LOCKED. Retrying... Does anyone have any idea what may cause this?

Thanks in advance

Nikos

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should only have two windows open - first open XMD and connect to the processor normally. Then run the terminal command and another window will open for the terminal. Then you should be able to download your code,  modify memory, etc. from the first window..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The tools typically do lock the cable such as when I used Impact to download the bitstream, it locks the cable.  I have to tell Imact to release the cable or I get that from XMD.

I'm not sure how you downloaded the bitstream but it sounds like the same issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
hulkakos
Observer
Observer

I have downloaded the bitstream from EDK (Device Configuration ->Download bitstream) and then I open a xmd terminal and I download the linux image from xmd. For the output I have another xmd terminal that is connected with the mdm uart. So when I start the microblaze I have the message "Cable is locked" in the mdm uart terminal.   Should I use two separate xmd terminals ( one for downloading the image and the other one for mdm uart) or I can do everything in just one xmd terminal?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the first XMD console, are you using the "terminal" command to open up a dedicated terminal window?

0 Kudos
hulkakos
Observer
Observer

Yes, in the xmd console that I use for mdm uart I type "connect mdm -uart" and then "terminal". After that I use the other xmd console and I type "run" and the message about the cable appears in the first xmd console that I use as mdm-uart.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should only have two windows open - first open XMD and connect to the processor normally. Then run the terminal command and another window will open for the terminal. Then you should be able to download your code,  modify memory, etc. from the first window..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hulkakos
Observer
Observer

It works. Thank you very much.

Nikos

0 Kudos