UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

creating application with --template install

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

creating application with --template install

Hi!

I`m using Petalinux 2017.2 and want to change /etc/fstab in rootfs permanently.

I create custom application with "petalinux-create -t apps -n fstab-mount-sd --template install --enable --force" command.  Everything seems OK, but:

1) petalinux create fstab-mount-sd folder NOT in "components/apps/fstab_mount_sd" as mentioned in UG981 but in "project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/fstab_mount_sd" folder

2) Folder "project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/fstab_mount_sd"  doesn`t  contain Makefile, that I want to modify adding install step like this:

$(TARGETINST) -a "/dev/mmcblk0p1       /home/root         auto           defaults,sync,noauto      0  0" /etc/fstab

How can I solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: creating application with --template install

Hi @mishuk

Please check the Petalinux user guide UG1144 that matches with your current release :)

1) As per UG1144 the location of the new applications is within the meta-user layer.

2) The install template means that this is a pre-build application as per UG1144, so it does not take any sense to have a Makefile!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query (Kudos are welcome)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mishuk

Please check the Petalinux user guide UG1144 that matches with your current release :)

1) As per UG1144 the location of the new applications is within the meta-user layer.

2) The install template means that this is a pre-build application as per UG1144, so it does not take any sense to have a Makefile!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query (Kudos are welcome)
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mishuk

As you created a different post for almost the same question (modyfing existing files within rootfs) I will reply you in the specific question of fstab in that one.

Regards