cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

guidance for installing OpenSC core

I've been working my way through UG1144, Xilinx ARs, and various Xilinx wikis as I work towards the goal of installing the OpenSC smart card core into petalinux for my zcu102 dev board.  I believe I am making progress in my understanding, but can't quite close the circle yet.

The issue I'm having is in finding an example to follow.  Most all of the examples I see online for user applications are of the helloworld format, where it's a single C source file with no dependencies.  I did find AR 60384 which provides instructions on building OpenSSL, but the difference I see there is that OpenSSL is already included by default in rootfs.

However, this leads me to believe I can follow the same general steps as they show for OpenSSL, but then figure out how to add this OpenSC application into rootfs.  Or is that approach wrong?  Do I instead need to create a brand new bitbake recipe that uses do_fetch, do_configure, do_compile, etc.?

Again though, I just need some guidance...building OpenSC produces about a dozen binaries and another dozen libraries...I'm just struggling to find an example to follow for something more complex than helloworld.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: guidance for installing OpenSC core

Hi

You can add this support by following these steps:

Add opensc to /project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image-ful l.bbappend IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " opensc"

Run petalinux-config -c rootfs Select user packages --> opensc-->. Enable it, save and exit

Run petalinux-build

FYI, this is documented in UG1144 page 82

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: guidance for installing OpenSC core

Thanks for the help!  I will give that a try.

0 Kudos