UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer benmishoe
Observer

guidance for installing OpenSC core

I've been working my way through UG1144, Xilinx ARs, and various Xilinx wikis as I work towards the goal of installing the OpenSC smart card core into petalinux for my zcu102 dev board.  I believe I am making progress in my understanding, but can't quite close the circle yet.

The issue I'm having is in finding an example to follow.  Most all of the examples I see online for user applications are of the helloworld format, where it's a single C source file with no dependencies.  I did find AR 60384 which provides instructions on building OpenSSL, but the difference I see there is that OpenSSL is already included by default in rootfs.

However, this leads me to believe I can follow the same general steps as they show for OpenSSL, but then figure out how to add this OpenSC application into rootfs.  Or is that approach wrong?  Do I instead need to create a brand new bitbake recipe that uses do_fetch, do_configure, do_compile, etc.?

Again though, I just need some guidance...building OpenSC produces about a dozen binaries and another dozen libraries...I'm just struggling to find an example to follow for something more complex than helloworld.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: guidance for installing OpenSC core

Hi

You can add this support by following these steps:

Add opensc to /project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image-ful l.bbappend IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " opensc"

Run petalinux-config -c rootfs Select user packages --> opensc-->. Enable it, save and exit

Run petalinux-build

FYI, this is documented in UG1144 page 82

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Observer benmishoe
Observer

Re: guidance for installing OpenSC core

Thanks for the help!  I will give that a try.

0 Kudos