UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant tuan.nhanh
Participant

how to apply RealTime Linux to zcu104

Hi,

I am applying RealTime Linux (https://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page) to ZCU104 board.

I used the 4.14.0-xilinx-v2018 kernel source and apply RealTime patch to it (included enbaling Prremtive option)

After rebuilding the kernel I got 2 files: "initrd.img-4.14.0-rt1-xilinx-v2018.1" and "vmlinuz-4.14.0-rt1-xilinx-v2018.1".

I copied these 2 files to /boot folder and create 2 soft links "initrd.img" and "vmlinuz"

Then I reboot the board and tried to use "uname -a" to see any updates but it seems new kernel not updated.

I made a simple module that use new kernel but when insmod the module I got this error:

"lkm_example: version magic '4.14.0-rt1-xilinx-v2018.1 SMP preempt mod_unload aarch64' should be '4.14.0-xilinx-v2018.1 SMP mod_unload aarch64'"

So how to fix this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos