cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

libmali-xlnx was skipped: incompatible with machine zcu111-zynqmp (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)

Hello,

I am trying to run the "Building the Mali OpenGLES Application" from UG1209 (v2019.2) on the ZCU111 EVM and I get the following error when running petalinux-build command:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'libmali-xlnx' (but /home/reza/opt/projects/linux/scTb01/scTb03/project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-core/images/petalinux-user-image.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
libmali-xlnx was skipped: incompatible with machine zcu111-zynqmp (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)
NOTE: Runtime target 'libmali-xlnx' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libmali-xlnx']
NOTE: Runtime target 'u-boot-zynq-uenv' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['u-boot-zynq-uenv', 'virtual/kernel', 'petalinux-user-image', 'libmali-xlnx']
NOTE: Runtime target 'kernel-image-image' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['kernel-image-image', 'petalinux-user-image', 'libmali-xlnx']
ERROR: Required build target 'petalinux-user-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['petalinux-user-image', 'libmali-xlnx']

Searching inside ARs, found this one : https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Petalinux-Yocto-rel-v2019-1-build-fails-due-to-mali400-xlnx/td-p/985157 that has simillar problem in building  the libmali dependencies.

So I followd the steps mentioned on the AR, but there is  no mali download option for 2019.2 so I went a head and downloaded the 2019.1 mali but running the following command :

bitbake libmali-xlnx -c cleansstate

I get the following error:

MACHINE=zynqmp is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

PS. in the local.conf file I tried setting the machine = zcu111-zynqmp but did not work either.

Please let me know if there is any solutions for this.

Cheers,

Reza

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer
Observer

Haha how come no one from Xilinx leaves any comment on this topic? Is it too strage to have such aproblem??

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing your exact problem. And following the instructions in the case you link above, I was able to go one step further by manually changing the MACHINE to zcu111-zynqmp inside local.conf inside the local yocto build folder. I am not sure why it would not work for you. Are you sure are you changing the right file? (inside the libmali-xlnx build folder, not the one inside the petalinux folder)

Yet, a few minutes inside the compile and I get back the same error message that I was already getting during the petalinux-build:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libmali-xlnx'

Xilinx team, any help here?

0 Kudos