UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jborden
Visitor

pentalinux-build fails for u-boot, avnet picozed 7030 with FMC Carrier V2

Jump to solution

I have a custom IP module developed in Vivado (VHDL) and then have configured a board based on the picozed 7030 with FMC Carrier V2.

I configured petalinix and then when building I get an error when building module common/board_f.o

It seems that CONFIG_BAUDRATE is not declared. This is declared in zynq-common.h so perhaps this isn't being included in u-boot-xlnx properly. Note that I downloaded the project to "ext_sources" and applied the 0001-To-avoid-uboot-compilation-error.patch.

Where can I ensure that ../include/configs/zynq-common.h is getting included? Note that I'm using "zynq_picozed_config" as the option.

Attached is HDF

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor jborden
Visitor

Re: pentalinux-build fails for u-boot, avnet picozed 7030 with FMC Carrier V2

Jump to solution

Success!

I loaded SDK and modified the board to enable UART and AXI control of the LEDs. In doing so, I found an error loading a symbol and tracked this down to an issue that has been reported regarding Ubuntu 16.04 which I am running. The solution:

Edit to /opt/Vivado/2016.4/bin/source 

the line:

OS=$(awk = '/DISTRIB_ID=/' /etc/*-release | sed 's/DISTRIB_ID=//' | tr '[:upper]' '[:lower]' )

moved to line 69 and replaced with:

OS='ubuntu'

perhaps it was something else so I'll attach the new HDF

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Can you please provide the failure log?

0 Kudos
Visitor jborden
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am attaching first the log of the do_compile that failed, and second the build.log

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Visitor jborden
Visitor

Jump to solution

Success!

I loaded SDK and modified the board to enable UART and AXI control of the LEDs. In doing so, I found an error loading a symbol and tracked this down to an issue that has been reported regarding Ubuntu 16.04 which I am running. The solution:

Edit to /opt/Vivado/2016.4/bin/source 

the line:

OS=$(awk = '/DISTRIB_ID=/' /etc/*-release | sed 's/DISTRIB_ID=//' | tr '[:upper]' '[:lower]' )

moved to line 69 and replaced with:

OS='ubuntu'

perhaps it was something else so I'll attach the new HDF

0 Kudos