UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cgrant
Visitor

petalinux 2014.4 dpkg lock file permissions

Hi, 

I have petalinux 2014.4 installed on RHEL 6.6 on VirtualBox with Guest Additions. When I create a new project and issue a petalinux-build command, I get this error in the build.log:

[ALL  ] dpkg: error: unable to open/create triggers lockfile '<my_home_dir>/test_proj/build/linux/rootfs/stage/var/lib/dpkg/triggers/Lock': Permission denied
[ERROR] E: Sub-process /opt/pkg/petalinux-v2014.4-final/tools/packagemanager/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
[ERROR] make [2]: *** [.pkg_stagefs] Error 255

There doesn't appear to be a Lock file in the triggers directory, but the triggers directory happens to have root:root ownership while all but one other directory in the dpkg folder are me:proj_name. There is also a tmp.ci folder in the dpkg folder with root:root ownership.

I confirmed via 'id' that my groups include: vboxsf, proj_name, pb. The linux administrators are running PowerBroker, thus the pb group. This means I can't just go change ownership of the triggers folder. I had an admin help me do that, but then it got changed back to root:root next time I ran petalinux-build.

The petalinux install was done using me:vboxsf, so all of its files seem to have those permissions.

Any thoughts on why that triggers folder would be created with root:root? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: petalinux 2014.4 dpkg lock file permissions

I have recently experienced a similar error (I don't recall the exact syntax). Is the path in the message correct? The problem occurred after I renamed my PetaLinux project directory.

0 Kudos
Visitor cgrant
Visitor

Re: petalinux 2014.4 dpkg lock file permissions

I replaced what was actually printed in the error message with <my_home_dir>. My command sequence before seeing the rror was this:

petalinux-create -t project -n test_proj --template zynq
cd test_proj petalinux-build

0 Kudos