UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jdmairs
Visitor

petalinux 2016.4 question on how to deploy a cmake c++ self extracting installer as prebuilt app

Folks,

I use cmake with petalinux cross compiler gcc 5.2.1 and successfully build my project.  I then use cmake/cpack to build the self extracting .sh installer.

I then:

petalinux-create -t apps --template install --name installer --enable

rm project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/installer/files/installer and copy in the real deal

petalinx-build -c installer

petalinux-build

petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel

It boots fine, it self-extracts and installs fine, but when I run an app it cannot find the libstdc++ dynamic libs. 

Previously I noticed that if follow the same as above but substitute in an actual C++ Hello World executable called CompilerDeploymentTest (cdt) by some magic petalinux must scan the app and it adds in the libs for me.

So then I try and combine the 2 prebuilt apps (cdt and installer) and boot that.

No luck.  The boot freezes after the following lines.  I have repeated this over and over.

NOTICE: ATF running on ZCZUUNKN/QEMU v1/RTL0.0

NOTICE: BL31: Secure code at 0x60000000

NOTICE: BL31: Non Secure code at 0x8000000

NOTICE: BL31: v1.3 (release)

NOTICE: BL31: Built : 10:27:25 May 18 2018

So my current and untested plan is to go back to just the installer and configure rootfs to add in libgcc via

petalinux-config -c rootfs

any thoughts?

thanks,

John

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor jdmairs
Visitor

Re: petalinux 2016.4 question on how to deploy a cmake c++ self extracting installer as prebuilt app

Filesystem Packages

libs

libgcc-xilinx

* libgcc

Did not do the trick. 

Now trying:

misc

gcc-runtime-xilinx

libstdc++

looks more promising doesn't it!

0 Kudos