UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

petalinux-build failed for u-boot (zcu102)

Jump to solution

I use petalinux 2017.4 to build my own uboot(from ext-local-src)for ZCU102 ,uboot code is downloaded from https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx.

However when trying to build for the board with the commad "petalinux-build", there are some ERRORS I don't kown how to deal with.

logs:

In file included from /home/xxx/xilinx/petalinux_project/zcu102_my_own_bsp/my_own_bsp_4_8/components/ext_sources/my_uboot/u-boot-xlnx-master/include/configs/platform-top.h:1:0,
from include/config.h:5,
from /home/xxx/xilinx/petalinux_project/zcu102_my_own_bsp/my_own_bsp_4_8/components/ext_sources/my_uboot/u-boot-xlnx-master/include/common.h:21,
from /home/xxx/xilinx/petalinux_project/zcu102_my_own_bsp/my_own_bsp_4_8/components/ext_sources/my_uboot/u-boot-xlnx-master/drivers/core/of_extra.c:8:
/home/xxx/xilinx/petalinux_project/zcu102_my_own_bsp/my_own_bsp_4_8/components/ext_sources/my_uboot/u-boot-xlnx-master/include/configs/platform-auto.h:86:0: warning: "CONFIG_SCSI_AHCI" redefined
#define CONFIG_SCSI_AHCI

In file included from /home/xxx/xilinx/petalinux_project/zcu102_my_own_bsp/my_own_bsp_4_8/components/ext_sources/my_uboot/u-boot-xlnx-master/include/linux/kconfig.h:4:0,
from <command-line>:0:
include/generated/autoconf.h:40:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define CONFIG_SCSI_AHCI 1

/home/xxx/xilinx/petalinux_project/zcu102_my_own_bsp/my_own_bsp_4_8/components/ext_sources/my_uboot/u-boot-xlnx-master/cmd/eeprom.c:59:2: error: #error CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR_LEN must be 1 or 2
#error CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR_LEN must be 1 or 2
^~~~~
…………

ERROR: oe_runmake failed

the whole log is in the  appendix. There are also many warnings about redefiniton.

In my opinion, there is something wrong with Petalinux uboot configuration. But I don't know how to correct, can someone give me a help? Detailed configuration steps for uboot may be better.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: petalinux-build failed for u-boot (zcu102)

Jump to solution

When you cloned the uboot repo, did you checkout the same branch as the petalinux version (git checkout xilinx-v2017.4)?

What defconfig file are you using here? Set in the uboot settings in petalinux-config. If you are usign the zcu102, then this need to be set accordingly. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

When you cloned the uboot repo, did you checkout the same branch as the petalinux version (git checkout xilinx-v2017.4)?

What defconfig file are you using here? Set in the uboot settings in petalinux-config. If you are usign the zcu102, then this need to be set accordingly. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My previous uboot version is master branch, not v2017.4 and I have tried your suggestion. 

It worked, thanks you very much. But I have a question. 

Does it mean that petlainux 2071.4 only can cooperate with uboot v2017.4 and linux v2017.4?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It is recommended to use the same branch if using an out of tree. Simply due to the fact that this is tested.

Even if it compiled, you may have seeing issues during boot if there was a fsbl/uboot mismatch

0 Kudos