UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jonbacon
Participant

petalinux-config --get-hw-description not showing micoblaze processor 2015.4

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on but when I run petalinux-config --get-hw-description=/<location of hdf file> the resulting ncurses config doesn't give me the option to build for the microblaze processor that is in the design.

i've looked though the the hw-description.tcl file in \petalinux-v2015.4-final\components\subsystem\linux\hw-description and there's a rather confusing section of code in the plnx_gen_conf_processor function (function starts on line 133)

The code on line 166 seems to make it impossible to have two different processor architectures in a design.

if {[llength ${aarch64list}] > 0} {
	set armlist {}
	set mblist {}
} elseif {[llength ${armlist}] > 0} {
	set mblist {}
}

In fact this makes it look impossible to add a microblaze to a Zynq (and run petalinux on the MB)

Any ideas what this code is for? If I comment it out I get the option of choosing the MB in the config window, but clearly someone put that code in for a reason ...

Thanks

Jon

p.s. I've attached my hdf file incase I've done somethign stupid in the design. (It's just a test design anyway to get things working)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: petalinux-config --get-hw-description not showing micoblaze processor 2015.4

Before importing the hdf file, when you created the petalinux project using the 'petalinux-create' command, what <CPU_TYPE> did you choose for '--template' ?
0 Kudos
Participant jonbacon
Participant

Re: petalinux-config --get-hw-description not showing micoblaze processor 2015.4

The command I used to create the project was:

petalinux-create --type project --template microblaze --name mtest
0 Kudos