UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

petalinux-config in 2014.2 does not run correctly.

Visitor

Re: petalinux-config in 2014.2 does not run correctly.

Hi 
I couldnt run petalinux-config on redhat enterprise workstation v6.4 too? I think it is supported please see the problem here http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Petalinux-config-does-not-appear-to-work/m-p/491078/highlight/false#M9830

Thank you  

Regarding the "pushd/popd" errors on "petalinux-config".

If you don't want to or are unable to change /bin/sh, you could alternatively change the makefiles such that it works for dash as well. (Tested with Petalinux 2014.2)

Open <petalinux-install-dir>/etc/build/plnx-common-functions.mk and modify the pushd/popd macros:

plnx_qpushd = \
        cd "$(1)" 1>/dev/null           #new version
        pushd "$(1)" 1>/dev/null    #old version

plnx_qpopd = \
        cd $(CURDIR) 1>/dev/null    #new version
        popd 1>/dev/null                       #old version

Replace the leading spaces with one tab!

This hack should work with dash for one level of pushing. I didn't tested it extensively, though.

Best, Sammey

Explorer

I just got burned by this too as I did an update the other day trying to fix another issue I thought was Xilinx related...

My CentOS system updated to  grep-2.20-3.el6.x86_64 from 2.6.3 and broke the petalinux-config process...

So I went and downloaded grep-2.6.3-6.el6.x86_64.rpm and used "yum downgrade grep-2.6.3-6.el6.x86_64.rpm" to fix it.

Wow -- what a pain.

(seeing how old this thread is and that it just surprised me now... )

Was this a bug in grep or a bug in the usage of grep by the petalinux tools?