UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

petalinux_package

Hello, I want to combine boot.bin and image.ub into one BOOT.BIN file. So, i tried to use "petalinux-package --boot --fsbl   xxxx.fsbl --u-boot --kernel --force".  This command can include image.ub into the package of BOOT.BIN. 

Then, I copy BOOT.BIN into SD card.  But, u-boot report an error "can not find kernel image". Do you know why? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: petalinux_package

One more question: Is it possible to use "petalinux-package --boot" to pack the .elf code for RPU(cortex r5) processor? I'm using Zynq ultrascale+ in which 2 cortex r5 cores are inlcuded.
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer UG1157 https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug1157-petalinux-tools-command-line-guide.pdf "petalinux-package --boot" section

petalinux-package --boot --format BIN --fsbl images/linux/zynqmp_fsbl.elf --u-boot images/linux/u-boot.elf --pmufw images/linux/pmufw.elf --fpga images/linux/download.bit --add images/linux/image.ub --force

If you are using bootgen the below is the bif content

# image.ub offset and load is for QSPI boot
the_ROM_image: { [fsbl_config] a53_x64 [bootloader] zynqmp_fsbl.elf [destination_cpu=pmu] pmufw.elf [destination_cpu=r5-0] r5-0.elf [destination_cpu=r5-1] r5-1.elf [destination_cpu=a53-0, exception_level=el-3, trustzone] bl31.elf [destination_cpu=a53-0, exception_level=el-2] u-boot.elf [offset=0x1E40000, load=0X10000000, destination_cpu=a53-0] image.ub }
Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

@sandeepg,Thank you!

If I use bootgen to generate BOOT.BIN for SD card, what the offset and load address should be for image.ub? 

[offset=0x1E40000, load=0X10000000, destination_cpu=a53-0] image.ub
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

By default in SD boot mode , the uboot tries to load the image.ub from SD card (autoboot)Now,

if this is not the case and you have provided some load address, which can be lets say 16M location ,

then from uboot prompt halt and give a bootm command

bootm 0x100000

load=0X1000000, destination_cpu=a53-0] image.ub

While booting, fsbl copies the image.ub to the load address which is a DDR location, so uboot has no role in copying from flash media

offset address is not required in case of SD boot

Hope that helps

Regards

Madhubala