UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant add_engineering
Participant

remove subcomponent in petalinux

With petalinux-create -t generic -n some_name I've created a sub component. Now I would like to remove this sub component ( more specifically from makefiles ) , how should I do this?
Just removing the directory containing the sub component won't work because a petalinux-build will cause complains about the sub component not existing. Any ideas?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: remove subcomponent in petalinux

For modules and apps I usually disable them in the configuration of the root filesystem (petalinux-config -c rootfs) then delete the directory.  My first thoughts were like yours, where is the command to delete the component, but this works fine.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Newbie mr.crowley

I know this post is from a while ago however I found a way to manually delete the apps.

Edit the (project_dir)/subsystems/Linux/configs/rootfs/config file, find the line that looks like this:

CONFIG_ROOTFS_COMPONENT_APPS_NAME_(APPNAME)=y
CONFIG_APPS_(APPNAME)=y

and comment them out using a # at the beginning of the line, then do as you like with the component/apps project directory (I deleted the Makefile and KConfig files in the project directory, not sure how things will behave if you do not do this as well).

You may wish to edit the same lines in the (project_dir)/subsystems/Linux/configs/rootfs/config.old file as well (I did) however I have a feeling this is the last saved or compiled configuration and most likely will not affect your current compilation attempts.

0 Kudos
Participant add_engineering
Participant

Although the post was a little bit dated your input is still appreciated!

Thanks Mr. Crowley

0 Kudos
Visitor pice
Visitor

Is there any solution for this? I would like to delete all unrequired apps without removing/recreating the project.

Should be possible?

0 Kudos
Visitor grass_be
Visitor

In 2017.4, just open the "project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image.bbappend" and remove the line "IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " yourModuleName". After that it's save to delete the entire module folder in the meta-user/recipes-<...> folder.