Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidyut
Explorer
Explorer

starting tftp server in Zynq?

Jump to solution

dear colleague,

Thank you very much for your kind support and help!!

I will be glad if someone can help me configuring a tftp server in zynq!! 

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
norman_wong
Scholar
Scholar

Looks like the pre-build uramdisk.image.gz contains a BusyBox compiled without udpsvd, tcpsvd or tftpd. Adding those components would be considerable amount of work. You would to build BusyBox, unpack the ramdisk, install BusyBox to the image and pack the image.

However, the pre-built  ramdisk does have ftpd daemon included with BusyBox. The inetd.conf already starts up the ftpd daemon. Files are transferred through /var/ftp. Suggest using FTP instead of TFTP.

Another option is to use a SCP client.  The pre-built ramdisk has SSH provided by DropBear. You can use a SCP client (like WinSCP) to transfer files to and from the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar
0 Kudos
norman_wong
Scholar
Scholar

See:
http://www.busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html
tftpd
    tftpd [-cr] [-u USER] [DIR]
    Transfer a file on tftp client's request
    tftpd should be used as an inetd service. tftpd's line for inetd.conf: 69 dgram udp nowait root tftpd tftpd /files/to/serve It also can be ran from udpsvd:
       udpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 69 tftpd /files/to/serve
    Options:
            -r      Prohibit upload
            -c      Allow file creation via upload
            -u      Access files as USER

To automatic start on boot, modify your ramdisk image with a this line to /etc/inetd.conf:
69 dgram udp nowait root tftpd tftpd /files/to/serve

0 Kudos
vidyut
Explorer
Explorer

Dear Colleague,

many thank for your reply..

But I dont see any inetd.conf file in /etc/directory...

can you please tell me Where to find this file.!!!!

Regards

0 Kudos
norman_wong
Scholar
Scholar

On my Zynq with the prebuilt release of Xilinx 2014.3, the file "/etc/inetd.config" exists. This assumes that you are running Linux on your target board.

0 Kudos
vidyut
Explorer
Explorer

I am using the latest copy from git repository...but here it doesnot exist!!!

I am using vivado 2014.4.1

Regards

0 Kudos
vidyut
Explorer
Explorer

many thanks for your reply...

i used the prebuilt image from xilinx and it has now directory /etc/inetd.conf

But now i cannot use this command 

udpsvd -vE 10.10.70.102 69 tftpd /home/new_tftp_folder

it say no udpsvd.....can you please tell me some easy way to start server in some-directory in the background!!

Regards

0 Kudos
norman_wong
Scholar
Scholar

Looks like the pre-build uramdisk.image.gz contains a BusyBox compiled without udpsvd, tcpsvd or tftpd. Adding those components would be considerable amount of work. You would to build BusyBox, unpack the ramdisk, install BusyBox to the image and pack the image.

However, the pre-built  ramdisk does have ftpd daemon included with BusyBox. The inetd.conf already starts up the ftpd daemon. Files are transferred through /var/ftp. Suggest using FTP instead of TFTP.

Another option is to use a SCP client.  The pre-built ramdisk has SSH provided by DropBear. You can use a SCP client (like WinSCP) to transfer files to and from the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vidyut
Explorer
Explorer

Dear Colleague,

Many thanks for your message!!

I will glad if i could get the arm_ramdisk.image.gz (not uramdisk.image.gz) for 2014.4 release. The reason is this file arm_ramdisk.image.gz is seems to be old and uImage of this file does not contain updated busy box.

And I have hard time in removing the header of uramdisk.image.gz of 2014.4 release. And finally it doesnot work.......

so I will be glad if i could get the latest ramdisk image which has been used to generate uramdisk.image.gz for 2014.4 release.

Regards

0 Kudos