cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ankurpithva
Visitor
Visitor

xsa file generation in VIVADO

I am generating BOOT.BIN file with petalinux. Basically this needs 4 combinations of files which are: .bit, .xsa, .hdf, .dsa.
I am able to generate all files except xsa, It is giving error:
ERROR: [Common 17-53] User Exception: Project properties platform.board_id and platform.name need to be set before generating a XSA.
Used Command in tcl console of vivado gui: write_hw_platform -force -file file_name.xsa 

Even above error can be solved by adding "-fixed" in tcl command and successfully generates .xsa. But Problem with this is that I am not able to load output BOOT.BIN(Generated from 4 files). BIN file loading window stucked during loading process bar. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You need to use the -fixed switch if you want to create an embedded platform. otherwise it needs more metadata.

You only need the XSA for Vitis, Petalinux to generate the SW files.

How did you generate the BOOT.BIN?

0 Kudos
ankurpithva
Visitor
Visitor

I have added -fixed in my command. Which give me xsa file generation successful. But using this xsa file to generate BOOT.BIN(generated with using xsa, dsa, hdf, bit).  the problem is with the uploading of this BOOT.BIN. during uploading it uploading process bar is getting stucked in between  of processing.

0 Kudos
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

How did you generate the boot.bin

0 Kudos
ankurpithva
Visitor
Visitor

Using PetaLinux

0 Kudos
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

petalinux-package -boot --u-boot?

What do you see on the console when you are booting?

0 Kudos