UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXI2 C2C Clocking issue

Hi I am starting design with AXI C2C master and slave I am using 1 Zync and 1 Artix-7 I am using 2 instance 1 AXI C2C master and 1 AXI C2C Slave in each FPGA As for the AXI C2C master the s_aclk is input and feed this input pll output 100Mhz So my questions are 1. what is the role of the m_aclk_out ? 2. does it sync to s_aclk? 3. Which clock is used to AXI interface signals ? s_aclk or m_aclk_out ? Tnx, Moshe
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AXI2 C2C Clocking issue

Hi

For Independent Clock mode,all signals on the AXI Slave interface of an AXI Chip2Chip Master core are synchronous to s_aclk.
For Common Clock mode, all AXI Chip2Chip Master core operations are synchronous to s_aclk.

The m_aclk is always required as AXI input clocks for the AXI Chip2Chip Slave core. The
m_aclk_out is provided as an additional clock output in Common Clock mode. The
m_aclk_out output can be used as an AXI System Clock. In addition, it should be
connected to m_aclk input of the AXI Chip2Chip Slave core.

You will find all the detailed information on the product guide.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_chip2chip/v4_2/pg067-axi-chip2chip.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos