UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Integrating Xilinx Microblaze with custom Debug/Trace tool through MDM or any other port

Hello there,

I want to connect xilinx microblaze with a custom debugger tool via xilinx MDM, Is it possible to interfcae these two things. The debugger RTL is inplemented in Verilog and Microblaze is generated in VHDL, the language is not a problem, but in tp level view in xilinx ISE i could't able to find any internal signals of Microblaze. so i am struggling to tap the signals of Debugger port of Microblaze. I have a custom debugger which is proven with arm processors. Now i want to port that Debugger to Microblace. The debugger isgnals are not fully compatable to Microblace MDM signals, but i can make use of some of MDM signals. Kindly help me with this. if any one wants i can give more detail on this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: Integrating Xilinx Microblaze with custom Debug/Trace tool through MDM or any other port

I am not sure what the interface is on the custom debugger, or how you intent to connect this. However, you can make the the microblaze debug port external to the xps project and connect this in ise.

In system assembly view in xps, on the far right there is a filter. Click the show all ports. You will have access to all the ports, then right click on the debug port on the microblaze under the ports tab and select make external. In the external ports in your MHS file, add the parameter BUFFER_TYPE=none. This will stop any buffers being added to your external ports.
0 Kudos

Re: Integrating Xilinx Microblaze with custom Debug/Trace tool through MDM or any other port

Really thank you for the information.
0 Kudos