UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer moritz_fischer
Observer

MIO and Ethernet 0 reset with Vivado 2015.2/3

I'm trying to bring up a new board using a Micrel KSZ9031 ethernet PHY connected via MIO to my Zynq.

I configured MIO6 to be ENET0 reset (LVCMOS 1.8V, slow, pullup disabled (cannot be changed), out, Active LOW).

Now independent of whether I select 'Active High, or Active Low' the generated ps7_init_gpl files look *exactly* the same?!

The generated .xci file changes depending on the setting.

I hooked up a scope and I cannot see the pin wiggle either, so I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong.

Is my assumption that the FSBL should toggle the reset and leave it either high, or low depending on the 'Active high/low' setting wrong?

Thanks,

Moritz

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: MIO and Ethernet 0 reset with Vivado 2015.2/3

probably, it will cause a change in the dts file and let the (linux) driver to handle reset instead of fsbl.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Observer moritz_fischer
Observer

I don't see either the macb or the xilinx_emacps driver using the gpio property. Am I missing something here?

Would it be up to the phy driver? Is there some devicetree magic I'm not getting?

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

I don't think it would be in the mac driver. Phy driver is a lot more likely. They would probably assume the polarity of the reset so no magic is needed.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Observer moritz_fischer
Observer

I did a git grep on both mainline and xilnix tree, the string 'enet-reset' or 'xlnx,enet-reset' doesn't show up. If *anything* picks it up from the dts I'd expect it to show up. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

I can only confirm that with petalinux 2016.2 this is still the same. The generated code does not change whether the reset is configured active-low or active-high. Not for the FSBL and not for the device-tree.

I do see some wiggling of the reset line which is correct for an active-low reset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie ngxbac

I also got them same. 'enet-reset' or 'xlnx,enet-reset' seem not working. When I check status of GPIO reset.
- active_low = 0
- direction = in
- value = 0

It seems that it can not reset.
I tried to add the code at FSBL to reset GPIO, but it does not work.
Is there anybody has another ideas to do this?.
0 Kudos
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

In my case the FSBL does generate the reset (without any manual interventions on the generated code). But it is always for an active-low reset. And u-boot or linux have no knowledge of the reset and thus do not generate it.

0 Kudos