UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ilansousa
Observer

Make AXI streaming ports of AXI DMA Engine external

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working in a project where I need to send data from a Microblaze CPU to RapidIO, I am building the Microblaze system with EDK and some components of the Base system builder for ML605 board and using RapidIO core v1.6.

I was using a AXI FIFO Memory Mapped to Streaming, I exported (I made a external port) its AXI streaming interface then I connected to RapidIO. But this core is only able to send packets greater than 16 bytes and in RapidIO protocols there are transactions that are smaller. This situations is generating problem in my design.

I looked for other EDK core that could do the job and I found the AXI DMA Engine, but when I instantiate this core EDK did not allow to export the core Master AXI streaming interface as I did before.

There are several post related to Microblaze and DMA, but none of them helped me on figuring out how to export the ports or how to connect Microblaze to RapidIO.
Is there any way of exporting these interfaces as external ports? Or, does anyone know another way to connect Microcroblaze to RapidIO using Ip Cores?

Any sugestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer ilansousa
Observer

Re: Make AXI streaming ports of AXI DMA Engine external

Jump to solution

It has work very well. Now I can export DMA ports to connect to my logic.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

In order to make the individual signals of an AXI Stream Bus external, you have one of two options:

1) Create a simple passthrough pcore which breaks the bus out into individual signals which can be connected externally.

2) In the 'Ports tab' open the 'filter dialog' (the << arrows on the right of the screen) and check the 'defaults' checkbox. This will expose individual bus signals which can be connected externally.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer ilansousa
Observer

Jump to solution

It has work very well. Now I can export DMA ports to connect to my logic.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos