UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

PS IIC ultrazed-EV

Hello I'm trying to make it works PS IIC on ultrazed-EV  SOM + carrier card. SCL/SDA pin are MIO 24-25. As you can see in Zynq configuration they are configured pulled-up. But if I execute with sdk an elf running a PS IIC xilinx example II2 stucks.  On ultrazed-EV there is a PS_USER_LED connected to MIO 26 and I can drive it without any problem.

Could someone help me?

Edit: Another question. The driver functions need in the argument of

1) 7-bit address (7 bit)

2) 7-bit address + R/W bit (8 bit)?

3) 7-bit address + LSB always 0 and send/recv function decide if OR address with 0x00 or with 0x01

Thank you.

PSIICcfg.jpg
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PS IIC ultrazed-EV

Hi @pierlum,

On which line the PS IIC xilinx example IIC is stuck and which example are you trying to use?

Did you try with polled example first?

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PS IIC ultrazed-EV

Hi @pvenugo,

thanks for the help. I tried with  polled example first but it doesn't. It seems that SCL and SDA are always High. In the end I solved my problem driving PSIIC MIO pin as GPIO pin ,unconnecting them from IIC PS in Zynq configuaration, and implementing I2C using bit banging. In this way it worked to do what I needed and now I'm dealing with other things. So I workarounded the problem but I didn't solved it.

I think that there are some bugs in PS I2C or I did some mistake.

Thank you very much for the help!   

0 Kudos