UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

PS-PL AXI

Adventurer

PS-PL AXI

Hi,

About PL-PS interconnect.

When using the for example M_AXIGP0 between PL-PS, there is M_AXI_GP0_CLK input in zynq-block.

Can this clock be anything, can I take take FCLK0 from PS and put PLL between and then use this PLL frequency to  M_AXI_GP_CLK ?

Can the frequency of this signal also be changed without generating the init_file for PS-side ?

Does it have to be aware of the freq used ?

-Tero

Teacher

Re: PS-PL AXI

@teroki as long as you don't violate the worst case period of the m_axi_gp0_clk PS doesn't need to know how fast it will run and you don't need a new init file for PS when you change it so yes you can take fclk0, pass it through a pll and drive m_axi_gp0_clk with the output. 

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Adventurer

Hi Muzaffer,

Thanks for the answer.

One question though:

Do the PL-side MMCM/PLLs require the reset signal during the start-up ?

My feeling is that they don*t.

The clocks are supposed to be stable after the init files,and then after the FPGA configuration, the FCLK_reset is released but PLLs don't need to be reseted. MMCM start-up handles that.

FCLK_reset wouldn't be needed for the PLLs during start-up.

Correct ?

Highlighted
Teacher

@teroki

>> FCLK_reset wouldn't be needed for the PLLs during start-up.

that's most probably true. I never use it but it's possible some usage may require it.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.