UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor matt456
Visitor

Power sequenciing for XC7Z030

Good  Morning,

I'm working on the power sequencing for a XC7Z030.  I've hooked some of the rails up together and have the following sequence.  Does this look acceptable?  I found the datasheets a little confusing with the info scattered around a bit/

Thanks,

Matt

ZYNQ power sequence.png
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Power sequenciing for XC7Z030

We recommend to follow power-up and power-down sequence mentioned in page 9 ofXC7Z030 data sheet http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds191-XC7Z030-XC7Z045-data-sheet.pdf

As per that data sheet

• The recommended PS power-on sequence is VCCPINT, VCCPAUX, and VCCPLL together, then the PS VCCO supplies (VCCO_MIO0,VCCO_MIO1, and VCCO_DDR)
  • The recommended power-on sequence for the PL is VCCINT, VCCBRAM, VCCAUX, VCCAUX_IO, and VCCO
  • The PS and PL power supplies are fully independent. PS power supplies (VCCPINT, VCCPAUX, VCCPLL, VCCO_DDR, VCCO_MIO0, and VCCO_MIO1) can be powered before or after any PL power supplies. The noting point is that PS and PL power regions are isolated to prevent damage.

All power supply rails were not shown in your post. Also make sure that PS and PL should have sepearate power regions.  So please check as per the above statements and let us know if you still have doubts

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Visitor matt456
Visitor

Hi, shortly after posting I realised I uploaded the wrong diagram.

THe one I was supposed to upload was this one, which as longer gaps between the rails rising.

I've read the power requiements, but its a bit confusing, and I'm trying to save as much space as possible on the power supply.

I know that VCCPAUX, VCCAUX and VCCPLL can be tied together (as stated in Chapter 5 of the Zynq-7000 PCB Design Guide), and also VCCPINT and VCCINT can be tied together (same reference).

Its difficult to understand whats ok, as the first statement states VCCPINT, VCCPAUX and VCCPLL together.  And VCCINT, VCCBRAM, VCCAUX, VCCAUX_IO etc in sequence.

Yet another document states I can link VCCINT with VCCPINT, and VCCPAUX with VCCAUX, which makes it impossible to start up in the sequence.

ZYNQ power sequence2.png
0 Kudos
Visitor matt456
Visitor

Picture is being cut off above, so here it is again, hopefully readable.

ZYNQ power sequence3.png
0 Kudos