UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yogesh
Visitor

Using 8 ETH channels on Z702 with lwIP

Hi All,

I am able to get the system ready with the 8-channel lwIP on z702 board. I took the example from,

https://github.com/fpgadeveloper/ethernet-fmc-axi-eth

Though this example has 8 cahnnels in block design, only one ETH channel is active in the SDK. I want to update this project to all 8-channels working simultaniously. 

Just wanted to know if any one has tried this out or any suggestions on how to update this example to work with all 8 channels.

Thanks in advance,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Using 8 ETH channels on Z702 with lwIP

Hi @yogesh ,

The ethernet FMC card is 4 x Ethernet interface extension + ZC702 board has one ethernet port that is 5 total.

Where are you getting rest of 3 ethernet channel from?

You may have to refer to ethernetfmc application if they have modified for 4 ports and do similar upgrade.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor yogesh
Visitor

Hi @pvenugo 

If you follow the github link that i posted earlier, will have 8 ETH IP in block diagram and SDK c++ application which has the lwIP stack.

This can run with 2 ethernetFMC on Z702, which will technically give 8 ehternet channels. But, the c++ application is writen to activate only one at any given point in time.

Yes, there is one more ETH peripherial which is directly on the A9 core. So, this can give 9 ETH channels.

However i am still exploring on modifying this example to work with multiple ports at a time.

Thanks,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hi @yogesh ,

I would suggest to check with EthernetFMC who is supplying this card for modified applications for more channels.

Else you need to do similar to single channel multiple times as suggest in https://github.com/fpgadeveloper/ethernet-fmc-zynq-gem/tree/master/SDK.

Regards

Praveen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos