UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer paul.mnt
Observer

ZCU102 Rev 1.0 TRD - Possible conflict between USB host mode and display port

Hi all,

I just got the ZCU102 board and I was running the TRD as a quick test.

With the default board configuration the design starts and the video application shows its output correctly through display port.

With the jumper setup for USB host mode, however, the video output doesn't work any more. From Linux dmesg I see that the video output is not detected when I change the jumper settings.

In addition, I think UBS mouse and keyboard are still not working:

Application message:

qt.qpa.input: X-less xkbcommon not available, not performing key mapping

This is the jumper setting that I used, following the wiki page 

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Base+TRD+2017.1
 Configure USB 2.0 jumpers for host mode

• J110: 2-3
  • J109: 1-2
  • J112: 2-3
  • J7: 1-2
  • J113: 1-2

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer maxpark0000
Observer

Re: ZCU102 Rev 1.0 TRD - Possible conflict between USB host mode and display port

Hello...

Do you solved this issue now ?

I got a same problem.

If somebody has information about this, please share that.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Observer paul.mnt
Observer

Re: ZCU102 Rev 1.0 TRD - Possible conflict between USB host mode and display port

Hi there,

I was unable to fix the problem with the TRD. However, I was able to boot Ubuntu and both the display port and the USB are working.

That means the board is fine and the user guide is correct. I assume there must be some issue with the reference design, but I didn't try troubleshooting, because I only ran it to check if the board was working.

0 Kudos