UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jeepe
Visitor

could I adjust the frequency of ynq-7000 SOC below 667MHz

Jump to solution

I want  to know whether Zynq-7000 SOC can work at 667MHzm, 800MHz and 1GHz or not. And could I adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz and make this SOC work normally? I want to make SOC work at low frequentcy and low energy consumption. if we can adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz, what do I need to do? Need I modified a lot of code of driver or something else.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: could I adjust the frequency of ynq-7000 SOC below 667MHz

Jump to solution

Hi @jeepe,

for Question "I want  to know whether Zynq-7000 SOC can work at 667MHzm, 800MHz and 1GHz or not"?

Yes, Zynq can work upto 1 GHz but it limited for only Z-7030, Z-7035,Z-7054 with speed grade -3. check below clock_zynq.PNG

could I adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz and make this SOC work normally? 

Yes, you can adjust the core frequency below 667 MHz. 

see the below image

cpu_freq_config.PNG

Here the range is from 50-800 MHz , you can set the core frequency in between these frequencies and no need to modify driver codes or any other stuff.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jeepe,

for Question "I want  to know whether Zynq-7000 SOC can work at 667MHzm, 800MHz and 1GHz or not"?

Yes, Zynq can work upto 1 GHz but it limited for only Z-7030, Z-7035,Z-7054 with speed grade -3. check below clock_zynq.PNG

could I adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz and make this SOC work normally? 

Yes, you can adjust the core frequency below 667 MHz. 

see the below image

cpu_freq_config.PNG

Here the range is from 50-800 MHz , you can set the core frequency in between these frequencies and no need to modify driver codes or any other stuff.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor jeepe
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, and what can I do if I want to realize a low energy consumption FPGA board except adjust the frequency. For example, can i modify voltage supply or something else. (I don't care about the working speed no matter how bad it is)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jeepe,

Please check this AR61980   https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61980.html

Here it is discussed about the  low energy consumption techniques for the Zynq7000 devices.

Best Regards,
Srikanth

0 Kudos