UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor s.odekerken
Visitor

10/100/100Mb Ethernet MAC signals

Hi,

I am developing with the TEMAC core for some time and have implemented a design in a Spartan-3A 1400 on a custom board. I have set the unicast address according the user guide. If I stream data to the TEMAC, then I can see the data passing through the MAC and the clock enable signals are generated correctly, but the "emacclientrxdvld" signal remains low all the time. Also the "emacclientrxstatsvld" signal doesn't change it's state and remains low.

As an example design I have used the "temac_core_block.vhd" and lower which is generated by coregen.

Why don't these signals change their state? Am I missing some code?

Regards, Sander

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor s.odekerken
Visitor

Re: 10/100/100Mb Ethernet MAC signals

How do I connect the TEMAC to get the signal emacclientrxdvld change to a valid data stream? I think that I did something wrong with the tieemacunicastaddr signal. How exactly does this vector look like with respect to a MAC address of C0-ED-BE-EF-CA-FE? I thought it was FE-CA-EF-BE-ED-C0. Is this correct?

What else could be the problem for not receiving valid data?

Thanks! Sander

0 Kudos
Newbie pannian

Thanks for sharing!

@s.odekerken wrote:

Hi,

I am developing with the TEMAC core for some time and have implemented a design in a Spartan-3A 1400 on a custom board. I have set the unicast address according the user guide. If I stream data to the TEMAC, then I can see the data passing through the MAC and the clock enable signals are generated correctly, but the "emacclientrxdvld" signal remains low all the time. Also the "emacclientrxstatsvld" signal doesn't change it's state and remains low.

As an example design I have used the "temac_core_block.vhd" and lower which is generated by coregen.

Why don't these signals change their state? Am I missing some code?

Regards, Sander

0 Kudos
Observer annand
Observer

As far as the 'tiemacunicastaddr' signal is concerned, what you gave is correct.
But please make sure that the 'Destination Address' field in the received frame contains the same MAC address as the address filter.
0 Kudos