UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer astone21480
Observer

1000Base-KX using Zynq UltraScale+

After reading several posts on this topic, I am still thoroughly confused.  I am trying to make a schematic to connect a Zynq UltraScale+ EV to a VPX switch card via 1000Base-KX.  I actually need 2 1000Base-KX connections to the switch card and 1 1000BaseT to PS.  Questions are:

1.  What IP do I need in my project, if any?

2.  What special settings do I need to change for PetaLinux if any?  Does auto-negotiation work?

3.  Will I use the GEM interface over EMIO to the PS or some other interface and what needs to be configured in Vivado?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 1000Base-KX using Zynq UltraScale+

Hi

XAPP 1305 application note focuses on ethernet-based designs that use Zynq UltraScale+ devices, this may help you

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1305-ps-pl-based-ethernet-solution.pdf

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Observer astone21480
Observer

I have thoroughly read the XApp1305 and understand most of it now.  There is no mention of 1000Base-KX in any Xilinx documentation.  1000BaseX is mentioned.  Do I need to disable auto-negotiation?  I have settled on using the PS-PL over EMIO to the pcs_pma IP to a GTH port.    

Adventurer
Adventurer

Bumping this threat. Would be great with these questions answered. XAPP1305 is not related to backplane Ethernet.

0 Kudos