UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

100G board design specifications

Hello,

I'm designing a board containing two Zynq Ultrascale+ FPGAs. A 100G chip-to-chip connection exists between the two FPGAs.

I would like to perform Signal Integrity analysis on this interface. Is there any document specifying what can be the signal losses and what an ideal eye-diagram should look like at the receiver for error-free decoding?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: 100G board design specifications

100 GbE, I assume. Because they use the MGT, you can start with UG476, chapter 5 (Board Design Guidelines)

An ideal eye diagram is what anyone has never seen... what you need is the eye mask. I would look into the IEEE Std 802.3ab that is the 40/100 G Ethernet.

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

In normal use, at 100G, I think you do not get error free, the use of the FEC is all but mandatory

If this is fpga to fpga, are you going via connectors or just tracked ?

its fun stuff to try to monitor with a scope !

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank you for your replies.

@johnvivm, Yes, it is 100 Gb ethernet. In my case, it is UG583 and UG587 for Ultrascale+ devices. I am indeed looking for the eye mask and I was going to look into the IEEE spec. I was hoping that some Xilinx doc might have some of the relevant parts from the IEEE doc.

@drjohnsmith

0 Kudos