UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Connect 1G Ethernet PCS/PMA to a custom Ethernet MAC

Hello all,

I am trying to capture data sent from my FPGA ZCU102 to the PC using Wireshark. To do so, I created a system that every time I push a button, a packet frame is sent to the PC. However, I am not able to create a link between the PC and the FPGA, and I was wondering if any of you have ever do that.

I would appreciate some advices.

Thanks and best regards,

baldrism

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer phifred
Observer

Re: Connect 1G Ethernet PCS/PMA to a custom Ethernet MAC

Hi @baldrism

To see packets with wireshark these packets needs to be correct with CRC etc. Make sure your packets are correct. 

You can also add this PCS PMA Ethernet Core to your project. If you set UseDHCP to '1' it will send out DHCP request that you can see with Wireshark if you connect it directly to your PC. Your PCs Ethernet adapter should be set to a fix IP.

The core don't need any processor. You only add the netlist to your project and connect the signals to your PCS/PMA core.