UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gunnerone
Visitor

Connecting external Marvell PHY with SGMII

I have a Marvel 88Q2112 PHY I'm trying to connect using SGMII to a Zynq-7000 xc7z030sbg485-1.  The Marvel PHY is connected to the MGT_RX1_N/P MGT_TX1_N/P pins on the FPGA.

In my block design I added a "1G/2.5G Ethernet PCS/PMA or SGMII IP".  It's configured with an SGMII standard, using a device specific transceiver.  I connected the GMII_ETHERNET_0 port on the Zynq processing system to the gmii_gem_pcs_pma port on this IP.

image.png

Then I added an sgmii interface and connected the sgmii port on this IP to this interface.

image.png

When I run synthesis/implementation/generate bitstream I get errors about the sgmii interface pins (rxn, rxp, txn, txp) missing from the constraints file.

1) Is this the propery way to connect the external PHY?

2) How do I constrain these interface pins (sgmii_rtl_interface) that are connected to the MGT pins (MGT_RX1_N/P, MGT_TX1_N/P) on the FPGA?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Connecting external Marvell PHY with SGMII

Hi @gunnerone ,

Can you please have a look at XAPP1082 for example references?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1082-zynq-eth.pdf

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos