UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coregen creating Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.6 with wrong FPGA

I'm trying to use the Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.6 on an XUPV5 board. When I create a coregen project I select the lx110t but when it creates a design the .ucf file has all the connections for the lx50t (ML505). The resulting bitstream gets created for the lx50t which Impact obviously doesn't like and tells me the ID codes are mismatched. I tried modifying the .ucf with the lx110t as the part number, changed the GTP_DUAL LOC to X0Y4 (I think this is correct) and changed the MGTCLK_N LOC from Y3 to P3 and MGTCLK_P LOC from Y4 to P4. I must be missing something because I get no communication and even the ethernet LED's no longer light up with this change.

So, I'm not sure why coregen is doing this and I can't seem to solve this issue with some simple ucf modifications. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies

Re: Coregen creating Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.6 with wrong FPGA

I've got the same problem using tri-mode ethernet wrapper 1.5.

I'm currently downloading ISE 11.5 to see if the updated tools have fixed this, but we only have a license for ISE 10, and it seems rather silly to purchase thousands of dollars in software just to utilizes more features on a device we buy from Xilinx...

Have you found a way to get the MAC wrapper working on the lx110t?  I'm also facing the same issue on the fx100t. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Coregen creating Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.6 with wrong FPGA

Coregen don't know which board you're using. The LOC  is just for reference. You need to change the pin location for all your pins, such as clock, reset, GTP, LED, etc.

0 Kudos