11-01-2007 05:30 AM
11-01-2007 06:40 AM
08-14-2008 04:30 PM
A couple of questions:
1. Can you fix figure 16-6 in XAPP514. It does not display correctly.
2. Could this be run in a Spartan-3E?
3. Coregen does not want to generate the 8b/10b encoders and decoders for the Spartan-3e, is there a reason for that?
08-15-2008 07:58 AM
1) I cannot personally but I have asked our documentation group to fix this. You can request this as well in the future using"Feedback" link on the bottom of our website
2) The RocketIO implementation obviously isn't supported on S3E (only V2P). I don't know of any functional reason that the SelectIO implementation couldn't be implemented on S3E (e.g. because of the nature of the design & the features it is using). However, I do suspect that you will not be able to meet the required timing.
3) I suspect this core isn't the top priority and hasn't yet been updated to include explicit support for S3E. There is no technical reason why you can't generate the 8b/10b cores for S3 and use it on S3E.
This process is outlined here:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/23880.htm (LogiCORE 8b/10b Decoder and Encoder - Do LogiCORE 8b/10b Encoder and Decoder support Virtex-5, Spartan-3E, or Spartan-3A?)