Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vibhu_
Visitor
Visitor

Dual Ethernet Switching problem in static configuration

Hi,

I am using Xilinx - Zynq XC7z020CLG400 board. There are two ethernet which is connected. One ethernet is directly connected to PS and the Other ethernet is directly connected to PL. If i make the IP as static for both th ethernets and try to restart the board with only eth2(which is connected to PL), It is not able to ping. But if i do a network restart it is able to ping.

But if I connect the eth0(which is connected to PS) and remove the eth2, It is not able to ping even after a network restart.

I am assuming that the priority or the access is not changing even after the network restart. I have seen to that both the ethernets are working separately. But when disconnecting one and reconnecting the other it fails to work.

Please Help me out with this problem. I think that there is some problem with the ip routing in the processor. How to analyze and rectify it ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
nanz

Hi @Vibhu_ ,

Which version of the tool (ie, petalinux etc) are you using? Are you using shared MDIO bus? You will need a patch to share MDIO before 2019.1. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69132.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Vibhu_
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz,

I am using Linux arm 4.14.0-xilinx-v2018.3 and yocto for rootfs.

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @Vibhu_ ,

Ok. So you will need the patch if you are using shared MDIO bus.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos
Vibhu_
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz ,

I am not using shared MDIO bus.

0 Kudos
nanz

hi @Vibhu_ ,

Have you had an update on this issue? If shared MDIO is not used, that is fine. Are you able to share your DTS file and bootlog?

0 Kudos