01-03-2020 05:06 PM - edited 01-03-2020 05:18 PM
I am using the ERNIC core to transmit data through Ethernet. The setup is straightforward:
- after reset I configure the core registers to operate the 1st queue-pair
- the core broadcasts an AtomicACK packet to all nodes (destination IP 0.0.0.0)
- a subsystem of the design writes the data to the data buffer and the WQE entry for a SEND operation to the send queue of QP1
- the ERNIC is notified through the i_qp_sq_pidb_* interface to check the send queue
- the data is read out from the memory and forwarded to the wqe_proc_top_m_axis_* interface that feeds the Ethernet IP
The data that comes out has no header though. The data is correct, just headerless.
Any suggestions ?
01-07-2020 10:15 AM
number of packet per second for WRITE 16B and 4096B payload
BTW do you test Xilinx eample available through lounge access ?
01-07-2020 10:23 AM
I haven't used the reference design. I just incorporated the core in my design and configured it to send the messages through 4K packets. Also, since the ERNIC operates at 200MHz, this sets the throughput at the Ethernet AXIS interface.