cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronston.kevin
Observer
Observer

Ethernet Configuration Using Example Design (without PS features)

Hello,

I would like to configure the AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet Subsystem for SGMII mode with 100MBps rate. I will be using SFP module for the ethernet frame transmission.

I assume that for using the SFP module the mdio and mdc lines are not needed and hence would be removing this from my IO ports.

Can anyone help me with the configuration sequence which needs to be done for Configuring the Ethernet Subsystem for above requirement.

I am planning to simulate and do target testing for my project. Hence it would be helpful to know whether any changes must be done in the simulation testbench (provided with example design)  as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Ronston

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kren

You can learn from pg138 https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_ethernet/v7_2/pg138-axi-ethernet.pdf . It tells you the IP configurations and how to run simulation for IP example design.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
ronston.kevin
Observer
Observer

Hello @kren 

I have done the simulation for the example design and have even updated the pattern generator with my code.

I tried changing the test bench to set the speed to 100MBps but I observed that the TX MAC Clock from the AXI Ethernet Subsystem Remains 125MHz itself. From the PG138 document the MAC Clock frequency for 100MBps is supposed to be 25MHz but I am observing that the clock stays at 125MHz. 

I checked the AXI4-Lite transactions taking place. The Register 0x410 - Speed Configuration Register is written with value 0x40000000 to configure the TEMAC for 100MBps speed. After the write transaction is done a read transaction to the same address is performed but the read value observed is 0x0.

Would like to know if there are any particular configuration settings to be done during the IP generation for being able to select 100MBps speed or whether the AXI4-Lite interface is sufficient enough for the speed change. 

Thanks and Regards,

Ronston

0 Kudos