UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lucas.manco
Visitor

GEM External FIFO Configuration

Hello,

I am trying to send data through ethernet via GEM interface. The data is being generated by an FPGA block,

however I haven't been able to put it into the GEM FIFO, as the packets are not reaching the destination.

I believe the communication between host and client is not the problem, as both ethernet interfaces have a valid link and I managed to succesfully send data over a socket, using a python script in linux.

How can I check/manipulate the FIFO content to be sure that I am dealing with it accordingly regarding the FPGA side? Which registers should I configure to send data through GEM External FIFO and which one should I read to check if the FIFO is receiving data correctly from FPGA logic?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: GEM External FIFO Configuration

Hi @lucas.manco ,

Could you please check https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69490.html 1) and see if that helps?

UG1085 does have a section talking about how external FIFO interface works too.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."