Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nick95
Visitor
Visitor

GEM3 transmission works with PC but not with switch

Good morning everyone,

I wrote a simple application using the Xemacps driver which transmits and receives frames using the GEM3 on the Xilinx Ultrascale ZCU102. It works fine when I connect the ethernet cable from the board to my PC, however, if I connect it to a switch, the board is able to perform only the first transmission and for all the following ones the sendHandler (called on transmission complete) is never called and no packets are transmitted. In both configurations, the auto-negotiation establishes a Gigabit connection.

I cannot figure out which could be the difference in these two setups preventing it from working. Does anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nanz

Hi @nick95 ,

So first, have you confirmed this switch is working fine without any issues. Have you tested it with other boards or PCs to confirm first?

Then there might be some settings in the switch you can look at. You can also try to disable AN and see if you can get a linkup straight away and traffic can pass. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
nick95
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @nanz,

thanks for the reply. The switch is perfectly working (I have tested it with other boards and PCs and it works fine). The switch is quite simple and it does not requires any particular configuration. Is there something in the ethernet device of the board that needs to be changed if not connected to a PC maybe?

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @nick95 ,

From the board side, it should be pretty much straightforward. 

Are you using Linux btw? It could be some routing options in the kernel that you can check. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos