UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

GT Lane Selection for 25G Ethernet Subsystem in Zynq Ultrascale+

Hello,

I am working with the board [zynq ultrascale+ mpsoc zcu102]. With the 10g/25G Ethernet Subsystem IP, we have achieved the 10G speed. Now we are going forward to 25G speed.

My question is How to set GT lane in the 10g/25G Ethernet Subsystem for 25g speed. What are the things to be done from 10G to 25G ? Whether any specific part number i need to choose for 25G ? Please let me know the process to achieve 25g speed.

25G Ether.pngEther_GTH.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: GT Lane Selection for 25G Ethernet Subsystem in Zynq Ultrascale+

hi @thaus_015.

The ZCU102 board is populated with the Zynq UltraScale+ XCZU9EG-2FFVB1156E MPSoC which combines a powerful processing system (PS) and user-programmable logic (PL) into the same device,which has the GTH and PS-GTR, where the GTH is supports the line rate not more than 16.3Gb/s(UltraScale GTH (16.3 Gb/s): Low power & high performance for the toughest backplanes). where as the PS-GTR is support line rate upto 6.0Gb/s(UltraScale+ GTR (6.0 Gb/s): Easiest integration of common protocols to the Zynq Processor Subsystem).

since the line rate support of GTH is only till 16Gb/s so  we cannot use the GTH for line rate of 25Gbpbs.

I assume and believe I have cleared your query . let me know your inputs 

on this 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

>>since the line rate support of GTH is only till 16Gb/s so  we cannot use the GTH for line rate of 25Gbpbs.

Then how can i achieve the line rate of 25Gbpbs ?? Please clear me.

>>let me know your inputs.

I am passing 60 packets of data (CPRI concept) with header into 10G/25G Ethernet Subsytem.

0 Kudos

hi @thaus_015,

if the GTH cannot support I think you cannot use it .

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I am using the following part number : xczu19eg-ffvd1760-3-e (active). We got license key for 25G Ethernet IP.

Please see the following screenshot.  

1. Pin assignments for xczu19eg-ffvd1760-3-e board.

Through this link https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1075-zynq-ultrascale-pkg-pinout.pdf

I have set the Pins. But i am not sure whether it is right or wrong.

25G_Pins.png

25G.png 

2. Whether lane selection is right or wrong ?

2. GTsele.png

0 Kudos

hi @thaus_015,

your initial query was it respect to zcu102 board right , but if your using the GTY then is supported .

for lane selection see the below image

Regards
Chandra sekhar

forumboardreply.png
0 Kudos