cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

How to initialize an Aurora 8b/10b link with two simplex cores one one side and a single duplex core on another side?

Is it possible at all? Alternatively, is it possible for two simplex cores (one Rx and on Tx) to share the same K7 GTX channel?

Thank you,

/Mikhail

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

1. It is not recommended to connect two simplex cores one one side and a single duplex core on another side.
2. You will need to edit the cores to achieve two simplex cores to share same K7 GTX channel. This process requires to disconnect the signals at GT interface in one core and connect them to the corresponding signals at GT interface in the other core.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

2. You will need to edit the cores to achieve two simplex cores to share same K7 GTX channel. This process requires to disconnect the signals at GT interface in one core and connect them to the corresponding signals at GT interface in the other core.

I wanted to avoid that because I believe there are quite a few GT ports connected in both RX and TX cores and it would be a lot of work to figure out what to do with these. I will take a closer look at this option... Thanks.

0 Kudos